Code of Ethics For Editorial
Jurnal Teknik Patra Akademika (JTPA) Editors determines the publication process and integrates the functions of authors, reviewers, and journal managers to publish papers on scientific and ethical grounds. The editors respond to criticism, suggestions, and objections from the author in an honest and transparent manner. The editorial task also maintains the journal's independence from the consideration of pure commercialization and keeps the journal remains the premier class journal in its field. Editors work on principles and ethics as follows:
- Responsible for choice of journal contents and strives for continuous improvement of publication quality.
- Obligation to make writing guides for authors and their templates.
- Assess critically that the papers have been freed from ethical, honest and objective, independent, judge each on quality regardless of national, ethnic, political, racial, religious, gender, senior, or institutional affiliation of the author, from prejudice in making decisions included in choosing a reviewer (best partner).
- Ensure the review process of the paper is conducted thoroughly, transparently, objectively and fairly.
- Ensure that all published papers are reviewed through a qualified reviewer (qualified partner).
- Ensure the feasibility of the reviewer (best partner) who is selected according to the competence he has. The best reviewers are those who can consider the paper and have no conflict of interest.
- Reject the paper without going through the review process if it does not fit the scope of the journal.
- Seek to ensure that published research complies with guidelines of ethical codes of scientific publication issued by LIPI or Dikti or relevant guidelines.
- Provide a form for authors to sign on ethical statements and copyright agreements.
Code of Ethics For Reviewer
The reviewer is a person who helps the editor to critically examine the substance of scientific writing in accordance with his field of expertise, so that the reviewer holds a very important role in the process of scientific publication. Reviewer works on the following principles and ethics:
- Be required to be honest, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth.
- Must be critical in assessing the content of a paper in accordance with the field of expertise, open about new things, conceal the thing being assessed, and not take personal advantage of the papers assessed, and have the spirit to improve the papers he has reviewed.
- Has the task of assisting the editor in determining the writings that can be published and help the writer to improve the quality of his writing.
- Demanded always uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper.
- The results of the review are submitted honestly, objectively and supported by clear arguments. Several possible recommendations of review: (i) received without repair or received with minor repairs (after repair by the author, no need to return to reviewer), (ii) received by repair (after repair by author, returned to reviewer for review) (iii) rejected and recommended to be published elsewhere appropriate, (iv) rejected and recommended not to be published anywhere because the work is scientifically defective or adversely affecting the user / community.
- Not utilize written papers for personal or third party interest. The use of some of the contents of the papers reviewed has been authorized. The paper being reviewed should not be disseminated.
Code of Ethics For Author
The author in a scientific journal is someone who pours the results of thought and / or research and development in the form of papers that have met the requirements of scientific and ethical principles. Research is aimed at acquiring new knowledge, adding to the scientific treasury, transcending known knowledge boundaries, or producing scientifically resolving methods for problems encountered. The result of this process is the contribution of the author as an individual in contributing knowledge. The author works based on the requirements of scientific and ethical principles as follows:
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other publishers.
- Ensure that the names listed as authors include the order according to the order of their contribution and approved by all members. If there is a substitution, subtraction or addition of the author's name, it is agreed by another author. The author ensures that all parties who contribute non-substantively in the paper will be grateful.
- Responsible collectively for the work of the article's article covering methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- Inform the editor if it will pull back his paper.
- Inform the editor of the paper which is part of a gradual, multidisciplinary and diverse research perspective.
- When requested, the authors provide evidence that the research has met the ethical requirements of the study, including providing field notes or research logbooks. The author responds adequately if there are comments or responses after the paper is published.
- Not involved in plagiarism or self-plagiarism.